SA Music Downloads, free & legal
You can go to www.powerzone.co.za and download singles from the likes of The Parlotones, The Finkelsteins, Evolver, Fevertree & Jo Day, to name just a few.
Quality local music ... for free.
Click here to go directly to the downloads page.
Radio 2000 has had its critics of late, for their perceived capitulation to the sugar pop music machine, however it is still the place where you are going to find the highest percentage of good local SA rock. Now you can go online and listen from anywhere in the world, they are finally streaming there broadcast. Those of you not in SA here are my picks (SA Times) :
- The Rise and Rock (A little weak, but you are guaranteed a couple of gems every now and again) - 6am to 9am Weekdays
- The Lucky Packet (Michelle Constant) -12pm to 3pm Weekdays
- SA Music Show (Barney Simon) - 8pm to 11pm Tuesdays
- Rock of Ages (Benjy Mudie) - 8pm to 12am Thursdays
- The MAD Show (Doug Anderson) - 12pm to 2pm Saturdays